- PORSCHE 911 CARRERA
- Corbeau Race Seats
This Very Special 1977 Porsche 911 Has Just Been Lovingly Restored By One Of The UK's Best Known Racing Teams. It Has Been Restored In Their Classic Performace Department Using Original Parts From Porsche Heritage. Also We Have Lots Of Information/History On This Stunning Car. It Was Restored So That It Could Be Driven For Road Use / Track Days Or Full Racing In Various Eligible Series.
Porsche 911 – RYJ 270L
Motorbase acquired this car through Michael Caine Motorsport in May 2018. The car was previously owned by Jason Brookes, who was racing the car. Jason is a personal friend of Michael Caine. Michael works with Jason on all aspects of his Motorsport and car requirements. Michael is also a personal friend of Motorbase and has worked within our Motorsport department since 2006 to date.
When we purchased the Porsche it was a little tired and in need of some TLC and was a nice project for us to get involved in. It was a car which needed a little bit of work in a lot of areas and as an established Race Team we are in a good position with experienced staff and well equipped workshop to take on these kind of jobs. In 2018 Motorbase started a Classic Performance Department, this was our second car of the new part of our Motorsport Team.
The work was completed in July 2019 and the car was on display at the Silverstone Classic race meeting alongside our Mustang (first car in the Motorbase Classic Performance portfolio). One idea was to compete with the car but we have chosen to keep the car looking and driving perfectly and let someone else decide what they want to do with it.
As you can see the car is fully restored and re-prepped to a very high standard, every single area of the car has been given our full attention.
The car comes with an extensive history file showing the various owners and aspects of its life in the UK.
We have a long standing relationship with Porsche 911Box and feel that this is the perfect and fitting environment for the car to be showcased.
Porsche 911 – RYJ 270L
Shell checked on jig for assessment
- Fully stripped back to a shell
- Metal work inspected and decision taken to change front luggage area panels and inner wings with Porsche heritage parts
- New front wings – Porsche heritage parts
- Rear engine slam panel replaced with Porsche Heritage parts
- All mechanical parts rebuilt
- All wiring checked and repaired as required
- Shell and panels fully repainted
- Re stickered with yellow point livery
- New brightwork, lamps and lenses fitted
- New Corbeau Race Seats fitted with bespoke Motorsport slider base, trimmed with Porsche logo
- New carpet set fitted
- New Porsche fuel tank & pumps
- New Porsche battery
- New Dansk exhaust fitted
- New set of Fuchs 16” wheels and tyres (Toyo Pro road and track)
- Full set of spare 15” wheels and tyres for track use
- Dampers dyno checked
- Car re assembled and road tested
Since completion the car has been on display at various venues at Porsche Carrera Cup GB and Silverstone classic events for Motorbase to showcase their Classic Performance Department.